Commercial Account Handler
The main responsibility of a Commercial Account Handler at KGJ, an NFP company is to provide servicing to a panel of insurance brokers. You will be responsible for the placement of risk across a broad spectrum of commercial insurers and their products. The ability to provide excellent communication and relationship skills are the focus of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a market leading broking service, focused on providing quality customer service and positive outcomes for clients.
- Develop a strong working relationship with individual brokers, insurers, and other service providers.
- Trade with insurers to obtain best possible terms for each customer.
- Understand each broker and customer's needs and the challenges they face.
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Add value to customers at every interaction.
Skills and Competencies:
- High level of inter-personal skills – Ability to build successful, mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Communication skills – able to communicate to people with various levels of knowledge, face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Problem solving.
- Computer literate and thorough understanding of Company software.
- Good IT skills in particular Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Report writing.
- Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times
- Comply with the relevant compliance, Treating Customers Fairly, Training & Competence and, financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption) procedures of the firm at all times
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes, as required.
- Follow appropriate ethical standards within the firm at all times.
- 2 years’ experience working within a Commercial insurance broking capacity is desirable.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Experience and use of MS Office is required, and prior experience of using Broking software would be preferable but not essential.
Education and/or Experience:
- “GCSE” or equivalent level in education an advantage.
- CII qualification preferrable but not essential
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.