International Account Manager
The main responsibility of an International Account Manager at NFP is looking after a portfolio of clients, providing administrative support and taking ownership of all areas of client service delivery, working in partnership with the relevant Consultant to provide outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathering information – liaise with product providers, human resources, other third parties as well as internet based tools such as AXCO to conduct research on behalf of the client into their local markets and product options
- Understand client aims and objectives, requirements as per IDD to ensure recommendations are suitable, particular to each country
- Client servicing – respond promptly to client enquiries, in line with agreed levels of service (usually 24 hours), regarding their existing arrangements, renewals and any changes in circumstances. Use a worklog or a similar programme to ensure that clients are fully informed as to progress
- Client/Broker management - ensure the relationship between the client or broker is managed effectively and work alongside the local broker for the client’s renewals and administration of the client’s benefit plans, ensuring the client’s objectives are carried out on their behalf.
- Attending client meetings/conference calls both with Consultants and individually as appropriate. Ensure all of the correct information is gathered for the call and that the AM and Consultant are fully prepared at request.
- Adhere to NFP Minimum Standards/Process Guides – work in line with the agreed minimum standards and process guides for Account Management to ensure that all clients receive outstanding customer service e.g. Ensure the correct file structure is adhered to on Egnyte so that documents and information are easily accessible
- Updating system – keep the back-office system up to date with client information and provider/broker contacts to ensure that high levels of customer service are delivered. Ensuring that all commission/fee expectation information is recorded correctly and in line with the NFP minimum standards on Salesforce
- Client reviews and reports – producing detailed reports and summaries for client reviews as required ensuring clients receive the most up to date and relevant information and guidance and liaising with the Consultant on these
- Use Egnyte – to ensure that all client documentation is available in the correct place and is accessible by the client, and by NFP colleagues in case of absence
- Teamworking – work in conjunction with the relevant Consultant to ensure that client expectations are exceeded in terms of the service levels and information provided, including taking part in calls and regular client update meetings
- Account development/new business generation – generate market intelligence and key information regarding potential new opportunities to develop clients and increase the NFP portfolio ensuring this information is promptly recorded and passed onto the relevant person
- Compliance – ensuring that all activities are fully compliant and that your knowledge is up to date to protect client interests and NFP Benefits and on international compliance rules
- Technical expertise – ensure knowledge is refreshed and up to date concerning products and particular country specialisations
- Professional development/CPD keep up to date with professional development, including working towards the relevant qualifications and recording this in the correct manner
- Train and mentor new starters – be part of the team to support new members, allowing them to shadow work and offering expertise and insights into clients, how we work and the external market
- Management Information – provide accurate and clear management information to the Management Team as required
- Comply with the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the relevant FCA rules at all times
- Comply with the relevant compliance, Treating Customers Fairly, Training & Competence and, financial crime (anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption) procedures of the firm at all times
- Keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative and technical changes, as required
- Follow appropriate ethical standards within the firm at all times
Customer orientation - Display a positive attitude and behaviours, demonstrating an awareness and willingness to respond to customers to exceed their needs, requirements and expectations. A passion for delivering customer service excellence, going over and above.
Strong communicator - Able to express themselves clearly and positively, both verbally and in written communication. Excellent listening skills, always checks administrative work.
Excellent organiser – including time management and prioritization - Prioritises customer needs above all else. Manages own time effectively and able to manage the expectations of other stakeholders regarding delivery timescales.
Activity oriented - Works at a fast pace but doesn’t sacrifice attention to detail, enjoys being busy.
Problem solver/innovative - Capable of developing innovative solutions for clients using knowledge and research skills as well as liaising across teams to deliver solutions. Brings new ideas to the table.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.